Hello everyone, today is milder weather and I'm sitting at the computer wondering what on earth I can share with my loyal followers.Due to the extreme heat I haven't been taking many photos, but this morning I had a look around the garden and these are some of the photos I took and last week it rained for three consecutive days so I took some photos afterwards. I also noticed to my surprise that my Hoya Carnosa is flowering for the second time.
There are not many flowers in bloom at this time of the month, but as I want to link up to Saturday's Critters, I am sharing a painting done in pastels by a very good friend and mentor, who passed away at the grand age of 94 who will always have a special place in my heart.
It measures 87 cmX52cm.
Same painting but just a little nearer, as there were too many reflections in a frontal image. I had to take the photo from the side. It hangs on one of my bedroom walls were I can see it every day and be reminded of my lovely and loving dogs, and the kindest man I ever knew.
I will be linking up to Saturday's Critters later this week.
34 comments:
The flowers are really beautiful. That painting is really wonderful.
Those flowers are really beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.
Beautiful photos of the flowers and the dog painting is absolutely stunning! I love the colours and details!
...you are able to enjoy some amazing flowers that are out of reach for me. Hoya which is a house plant , I've never see in flower. Stay cool and well.
Klasse Bilder von den Blüten schöne Farben.
I did enjoy seeing your beautiful flowers, they are so lovely.
The painting you've shown is lovely too and must bring you many special memories.
I wish you a happy and peaceful September with cooler temperatures.
All the best Jan
Dear Sonjia,
I hope you are doing well.
What a wonderful series of flowers, nothing is in bloom here anymore either, everything has withered due to the drought we’ve had.
I think the painting is beautifully done.
All the best, Irma
I am very pleased that you have finally had some rain and cooler temperatures, Sonjia. I can hear the sigh of relief all the way over here! Your floral gallery today is exceptionally beautiful and adds a burst of colour to kickstart my day in high gear. The painting in your wall no doubt evokes fond memories each time you glance at it. It is beautifully done and a grand tribute to faithful friends. Hugs and kisses - David
Dear Sonjia :)
The flowers and the paintings are very beautiful. Take care my dear blogfriend.
Many hugs.
Marit
Hello, Sonjia
Your flowers are beautiful! The dog paintings are wonderful memories of your sweet dogs. Take care, enjoy your day!
I have never heard of a hoya carmosa but it is absolutely breathtaking. You have marvelous blooms i your garden. This pastel is stunning and so well done. I think pastel is a very tricky medium and your friend did it so beautifully. What a splendid gift from a kind friend and a beautiful way to celebrate the lives of your dogs. Meanwhile, I hope you are well, just hot -- that will pass. And, that your vision is doing better too!
The porcelain flower is a feast for the eyes.
I’m glad to hear the weather is milder where you are now.
The pastel painting is a wonderful memento.
Best regards.
I like seeing your flowers. Always interesting to see what other people grow!
So glad the rain brought your garden back to life!
The Hoya flowering twice is such a treat.
The pastel is beautifully done, Sonjia -- what a touching reminder of your dogs and your dear friend.
Our garden is hanging on!
Beautiful flowers and the paintings are excellent.
Pretty flowers you're sharing :)
/Irene
Hello Sonjia,
Your flowers are beautiful, I can imagine seeing your colorful garden. Your friend gave you a lovely painting of your dogs Sandy and Becky. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
What a lovely post! The garden blooms look wonderful. And that pastel painting of your dogs is such a touching tribute.
The painting is lovely and the memories are priceless! You've had so many flowers this summer! Hugs!
Hello Sonjia – Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers. And the dog painting surely bring back sweet memories. Take care and be well. John
I love the Hoya flowering and the wonderful painting of the dear dogs, Sonjia.
Your painting is a true treasure from your dear friend. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful flowers today. Good to know you are experiencing cooler weather. I wish you a wonderful weekend.
Dear Sonjia,
Oh yes, I completely understand why you didn't take many photos in the garden during that intense heat—I had the same experience. But the photos you're sharing today are lovely. I find the *Hoya carnosa* particularly impressive. And the painting of the dogs—the one your late friend created—is a real treasure; beautifully painted and a wonderful memento of loved ones and beloved animals!
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html
Wonderful painting! Flowers are pretty too.
I enjoyed both the flowers and the painting. So much life in both.
Amalia
xo
You found beautiful colors in the garden.
The picture of your beloved dogs is beautiful; it was painted by someone with a lot of love.
Sending you warm greetings. All the best, Viola.
such pretty flowers, you are lucky to have them all around you. the pups are adorable also!!
Son unas flores preciosas, me encantan y el cuadro de los perritos también. Un abrazo.
Beautiful flowers! I used to have a Hoya like that. It’s a lovely plant, and when it bloomed, the whole house smelled wonderful.
I’m also looking at this lovely photo—beautiful dogs and a beautiful memory of such a dear person.
That first flower is so interesting and beautiful!
gorgeous flowers...so many in my favorite color. i have never seen a flower like the flower in the first picture. i only hang art and pictures on my walls that have special meaning, the dogs are adorable!! we are starting to cool down also but are expecting a pretty big nor-easter!!
These are so good.
rkrsrue.blogspot.com
Hello Sonija,
there may not be as many flowers in bloom anymore, but still enough to make a beautiful post :-). Flowers always cheer me up, especially at this time of year.
It is fantastic when I see the paintings of the dogs. Your mentor was truly a good mentor if he could create something like this, and at such an advanced age.
Warm regards,
Post a Comment