Saturday, 1 August 2026

ORNAMENTS:

As many of you can appreciate the heat, although a little cooler now, has taken it's toll on me and I still have not fully recovered from the grueling high temperatures. I have lost the incentive to go for a walk as energy is low, and I feel tired all the time. My son Marco Paulo suffered from sever dehydration and had to go to the doctors because he had headaches and couldn't stop shivering. Although he thought he had been drinking enough water, it hadn't been enough. He is better now, but like myself still feels drained of energy.I'm also afraid of falling which seems highly likely in my weakend state, so I had the idea of photographing some of the nature related objects in the interier of my home, and sharing them in a post. Here goes !


I believe these are partridge which I brought back from the algarve when we left, and you can see a number of egg shaped polished stones in the foreground.


Another partridge ...


and another.


pheasants in an amorous pose My attempt to make it look like the male is kissing the female. :))


I think that this is another partridge.


This is one of the plates from a dinner sevice that was on display in the kitchen
It looks like a male and female pheasant.

We used to see partridge on the farm, but not any more, this was about 30 yrs ago and also we saw many more birds. It's sad that they disappeared  without a trace.

I will be linking up to "Saturdays Critters" where you can see all manner of creatures both large and small.If you would like to join in the fun, just click on the icon on the right and it will take you there.












32 comments:

Shiju Sugunan said...

Such a clever way to stay creative while recovering from the heat! I’m glad Mark is feeling better. Your collection of bird ornaments is lovely. The "amorous" pheasants made me smile!

sami niilola said...

Those are really wonderful.

Irma said...

Dear Sonjia,
You managed to photograph some beautiful things inside the house.
I think the pheasants in the loving pose are truly amazing.
It is a little less hot here today and yesterday too, but it will be very hot again on Monday and Tuesday.
In parts of the Netherlands, we are already experiencing our fourth heatwave, I also cope very poorly with the heat because of my lungs.
I am really done with summer now, as far as I'm concerned, autumn can start now. It is bone dry everywhere, the grass is completely yellow, and the trees are already dropping their leaves.
I wish you a very nice weekend and strength in dealing with the heat.
All the best, Irma

John's Island said...

Hello Sonjia. Thank you for sharing these interesting images of nature related objects in your home. You have some interesting items there! I think the dinner plate is my favorite. By the way, I am a collector of old railroad memorabilia and one of my favorite things to collect is old railroad china which was used in the dining cars. I do hope you start feeling better soon. I know what you mean by low energy. I have the same thing. Actually, it is one of the reasons I’ve slowed down on blogging so much. Anyway, I just updated my latest post on the Bald Eagles. I hope you’ll stop by and take another look. Best regards to you from Seattle! John

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope and pray Mark is better now. We have a problem with that here in Florida and I drink a lot of water. When I get outside though, I can get distracted and forget! Take care!

Marit said...

Dear Sonjia:)
You have a lot of beautiful interior items. The blue partridge birds are very nice. I love blue things so much. The polished stones that look like eggs are also very nice.
Beautiful plates too.

Many warm hugs,
Marit

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Good morning, Sonjia. I find temperatures here too hot, and they are rarely exceeding 30 degrees. so I can understand that it must be quite awful where you are. Better to lay low until the weather is a little cooler and you won't put your health in jeopardy merely by stepping outside. The bird-related ornaments you show us are delightful. If you hadn't been compelled to remain indoors we might not have seen them so at least something good came from the heat! Hugs and Kisses - David

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sonjia,
I hope you have relief from the extreme hot temperatures now.
I love seeing the bird art around your home. The statues and the plate are all lovely. The Kissing pheasants is a favorite, but they are all beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Angie's Recipes said...

I like the pheasants! It's hot over here too, but it's still bearable.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

These are all beautiful, Sonjia.
It is still very hot and humid 😫 here in Montreal.
Please stay safe, cool and hydrated.

RedPat said...

You are smart to stay inside in that hot time of summer, Sonjia. It was very nice seeing your ornaments.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

these are perfect, beautiful and we like to see objects from your home. about half the photos on my blog are from inside, these last 5 years since COVID. Before that I was off hiking. It is good that you know you might fall, I am doing the careful thing too. Now when I walk Beau I carry a walking staff. just to be careful. I can walk without it, but if I start to stumble it helps me catch myself.
Show us things around the house. I love seeing what others love
About Marco, I am glad he is ok. And glad you mentioned his shivering with headaches. For 2 days last week, I was freezing, and wrapping in blanket throws, almost to the point of shivering and slight head aches. I will pay more attention to being hydrated.

Tom said...

...Sonjia. it's hard to imagine the heat that you have been living through. It has been hot here by our standards, but nothing like your. Summer can be a fun time, but fall/autumn will be welcomed by many of us. Take care and be well.

Veronica Lee said...

What a clever idea to bring nature indoors, Sonjia. The partridges and pheasants are beautiful, and I especially enjoyed the playful pose you gave the pair. Glad Marco is feeling better -- hydration really is tricky in this kind of weather.

Cross-Border Car Rentals: Rules, Insurance, and Travel Tips said...

This is such a lovely and personal post. I really enjoyed how you connected your experience with the heat and tiredness to the beautiful nature-inspired ornaments around your home. The idea of photographing objects indoors is both thoughtful and creative. I hope you and Marco Paulo continue to recover and regain your energy soon. Thank you for sharing these beautiful moments with your readers.

Adam Jones said...

I really like the Partridges, but then again I like the Pheasants too.

Noke said...

Schöne Figuren die Hitze kann sehr anstrengend sein immer
genug trinken ist wichtig.
Gruß
Noke

Villrose said...

I love the dinner plate.
Heat is getting a big problem around the world.
/Irene

Michelle said...

I like all of your birds. Please stay well.

LoveT. said...

Very lovely pieces. The turquoise partridges are especially pretty; they put me in a good mood just looking at them.

Get well soon—I hope your energy returns quickly. Best wishes for your health.

handmade by amalia said...

How nice to see your treasures. The dinner plate is stunning! Stay cool,
Amalia
xo

Adam Jones said...

Hello Sonjia. Thank you for telling me about the sound on my video. They are at quite a low volume, but I have checked with others and they are able to hear it, but some by turning the volume up quite a lot. I hope that you are able to hear them by doing this. If not, I will have to try something else. Many thanks again, and have a good week :)

How to Upgrade to Business Class said...

Absolutely beautiful photos! Each picture captures the beauty of nature so naturally, with wonderful details and lovely moments. Your photography really brings these scenes to life. Such a pleasure to look through!

Caroline said...

Beautiful ornaments of the pheasants. Have a nice week.

DeniseinVA said...

Dear Sonjia, you are very wise staying out of that awful heat. It definitely saps one's strength. I am very sorry to hear your dear son suffered from severe hydration. Thank you for sharing your wonderful collections. They are exquisite! I wish for you all cooler temperatures and I hope you feel much better very soon.

Jeanie said...

Smart idea to focus on indoor nature when it is so very hot out. I hope you and your son are both doing better and taking care. Meanwhile, if you need to be inside, what lovely things you have to look at. I love your pheasant plate and blue birds especially!

Teresa said...

Son todos muy bonitos. Por aquí todavía se ven bastantes perdices y me gusta mucho verlas. Espero que estés mejor, yo también estoy bastante cansada. Besos.

The Happy Whisk said...

Those are very cool looking. I love the red eye matches with the background.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hello Sonjia -- I understand your post so well (perhaps too well) because I could have written it. The heat (and smoke here in Oregon) have kept me indoors too much for the same sort of age-related reasons. I also have bird related pictures and keepsakes around our apartment here, but yours are nicer! I enjoyed the tour of your home. And I hope you are feeling better. It has cooled down a bit here, so I hope to start walking again.

handmade by amalia said...

I was sure I'd already admired that dinner plate - but I can admire it again :-)
Amalia
xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing these photographs, that dinner plate is lovely.

The heat in Europe has been so extreme with fires breaking out in many countries ... including here in the UK.
Take good care ... I send my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Stara vrtlarica said...

Beautiful figurines and pictures of pheasants. And I heard an interesting thing about partridges. While the female partridge is laying on her eggs, the male keeps watch nearby and when he sees that the female is in danger, he calls out loudly. The animal that poses a threat turns towards him at that moment, and he starts running away in the opposite direction from the nest. Running away like that, he suddenly starts limping, more and more, as if he had broken his leg. In this way, he manages to convince his pursuer that he can easily catch him, and when he gets closer, the male partridge flies away and when the danger passes, he returns to the nest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...