It 's 7 am and I have just opened the blinds and balcony doors to get some cool air in my 33 degrees bedroom, Mornings are the only part of the day when it's cooler. It was 40 degrees outside yesterday, and the stiffling heat was made infinately worse by the air pollution caused by falling ash from a fire in Burgaes..After I fed the birds, my blinds and doors were closed all day, and it has been like this for several weeks. The only ray of sunshine I see is when my daughter Eva arrives, she is like a breath of fresh air, and she brightens my day. Did you see the solar eclipse seven days ago ? We did, and it was just outside my bedroom window. We each had a pair of glasses, with which to watch this rare celestrial event and it was exciting to see this total solar eclipse, which will only happen again in mainland Portugal in 2144, so it really was a once in a lifetime experience. I have put together a few photos mostly of white flowers to share without captions I hope you won't mind. Regretfully I won't be posting or visiting as much as usual until we get cooler weather conditions.
22 comments:
Beautiful series of photos.
Beautiful flowers from your garden! How come still so hot there at the end of August? It starts to feel like autumn here..it's 15C-24C here.
Dear Sonjia,
You are showing beautiful photos.
I was also able to photograph the solar eclipse, here it was 88% but it was still quite an experience.
The heat plaguing Europe is so bad, and all those wildfires are also very intense.
Fortunately, it is less warm here this week, around 20 degrees, and that suits me just fine, I am actually quite done with this summer.
The trees and plants are all dying, and boating on the rivers is no longer possible due to the low water level.
I wish you a lovely Thursday.
All the best, Irma
Dear Sonjia :)
I am absolutely horrified when I read that you are still so hot at home! It must be terrible to be so hot and for so long. I am starting to understand that I am lucky to live so far north after all. It was only 8 degrees this morning and it is cool. But you live far in the south and I live relatively far in the north.
We have to make the best of where we live.
The pictures you are showing today of all the white flowers are very beautiful. I like white flowers so much.
Warm hugs to you dear friend.
All the best to you!
Marit
Your pictures are absolutely exquisite, Sonjia, your weather not so much. This oppressive, unbearable heat must really get you down. Marit is right, we are lucky to live in the north. Soon delightful fall days will greet us every morning. I will look forward to your speedy return to blogging. Take good care and try to stay cool. Hugs and kisses - David
...Sonjia, I'm sorry to hear about your hot temperatures. I can picture Eva being a breath of fresh air that brightens your day. It was raining here for the solar eclipse. Take care and be cool and safe.
We didn't see the eclipse from here the other day but did have one a few years ago and it was fascinating. I'm sorry it is still so hot where you are and that you are close enough to fires to have the ash coming through. RIght now it is cool enough that I have a heating pad on my lap while I type, fleecy sweat pants and a sweatshirt. It will warm up later today -- the sun is out. But it won't be hot!
Lovely photos! So sorry about the heat and the fires.
Wunderschöne Fotos von Insekten, Vögeln und Blumen. Ich schaue sie mir gerne an.
Oh, it's wonderful that you got to see the solar eclipse. I couldn't see it very well from where I was; I would have had to drive up a mountain for that.
The flowers are blooming so beautifully where you are, despite the heat—a magnificent sight.
Sonjia, your photographs are beautiful, I did enjoy seeing them.
The weather in Europe (and beyond) has been so hot and has caused many wild fires, including here in the UK.
I am so looking forward to cooler Autumn days.
Take care and I hope your weather cools down soon.
My good wishes.
All the best Jan
Beautiful picturs. Here is it rain and sun at the moment. About 20 degrees. I saw the eclipse. Have a nice day ! Greets
Hello Dear Sonjia, Thank you for the wonderful flowers with their tiny visitors, and the lovely birds also. I am very sorry about your fires and this awful heat. I hope it cools down for you soon. I am glad you saw the eclipse. You have a beautiful and thoughtful family. What a blessing they are :)
The heat is not good. I personally like cooler weather.
Hello Sonjia,
it is awful when it is so hot, and where you are it is still 40c!!! I think it is terrible that you have to keep all the doors and curtains closed, but that is the best way to keep the heat out as much as possible. Fortunately, your daughter is a ray of sunshine when she comes over :-)
I didn't watch the solar eclipse. I was already in bed by then (very early indeed), but I did see it on TV and in photos others had taken of it. A beautiful and special phenomenon.
Your white flowers are very beautiful, and it is also nice that there are beautiful butterflies and other insects on them here and there. That is always nice to see :-)
Your titmouse looks nice in the picture too.
Warm regards,
Helma
Hello Sonjia,
it is awful when it is so hot, and where you are it is still 40c!!! I think it is terrible that you have to keep all the doors and curtains closed, but that is the best way to keep the heat out as much as possible. Fortunately, your daughter is a ray of sunshine when she comes over :-)
I didn't watch the solar eclipse. I was already in bed by then (very early indeed), but I did see it on TV and in photos others had taken of it. A beautiful and special phenomenon.
Your white flowers are very beautiful, and it is also nice that there are beautiful butterflies and other insects on them here and there. That is always nice to see :-)
Your titmouse looks nice in the picture too.
Warm regards,
Helma
Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing!
Sonjia, your words capture both the beauty and the struggle of these summer days.
The eclipse must have been breathtaking--what a gift to witness such a rare event right outside your window.
I’m glad Eva brings you light and joy amidst the heat and ash. Your white flowers are lovely.
May cooler mornings arrive soon to ease your days.
Me han encantado tus fotografías. Por aquí ahora estamos muy fresquitos, ha llovido tres días y es una delicia, espero que haya llovido también por ahí. Besos.
Nature is holding quite well against the heat and poor air quality - the phots, as always, are beautiful. I hope the weather is improving.
Amalia
xo
I am so late in reading this, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful photos of flowers and insects. We saw the eclipse of the sun some years ago here, and were fortunate that the center of it went right over our house. I hope the falling ash has lessened or stopped by now, and the week ahead is lovely for you.
Hello Sonjia,
fortunately, the heat in the Netherlands is behind us now. Just a few more summery days, but thankfully the heat is gone. You also had to stay indoors, and not just because of the heat, but also because of the ash and the smell of smoke from a large fire. The birds are very happy that food is still being provided.
I hope the heat is over soon for you too, and that you can breathe normally again.
Warm regards, Helma
Post a Comment