Thursday, 16 July 2026

JAYS IN THE SHADE

A few more images of Jays in the shade.
























It is cooler now, and in the morning I'm able to sit outside, however there is another heatwave forecast for next week.  I hope it won't be as hot as it's been.
I will be linking to "Wild Bird Wednesday" and "Saterday's Critters". You can check out  both by clicking on the icons on the right. They will not disappoint.

27 comments:

Marit said...

Dear Sonjia,
You take such great photos of Jays in the shade. Those birds are only here in the winter, so it's nice that you have them visiting you now in the summer. They are so beautiful, and the blue color on the wings is very pretty.
We have a heat wave here too now. It was 32.5 degrees here today, and we had the same yesterday. It's very unusual to be here.

Warm hugs, and all the best to you dear friend!
Marit

LoveT. said...


The photos are fantastic. The light was special, and you captured the moment perfectly.

Have a lovely evening.

DeniseinVA said...

How beautiful! These are outstanding photos dear Sonjia, a beautiful bird indeed. Thank you so much for sharing them. Our temperature is 35 degrees C. I am thinking yours may be higher? I hope you are able to stay cool.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Sonjia, your photos are brilliant and beautiful.

Tom said...

...it's hotter than normal here this summer and the air quality is horrid from wildfires. Staying in doors is best, Sonjia, take care and be cool and well.

Veronica Lee said...

Lovely shots of the jays!
Their colors really pop against the shade.
Hope the coming heat isn’t too harsh.

Debbie said...

your jays are different than ours. they always look so inquisitive. a gorgeous bird and beautiful captures!!

Angie's Recipes said...

It must be also very hot for the birds...those are some beautiful shots of jay!

Irma said...

Dear Sonjia,
What a beautiful series of photos of the jay,it is a beautiful species but very shy.
You managed to photograph it very well, my compliments.
Temperatures here are starting to drop this weekend,they predict it won't go above 25 degrees again, finally that heat gone.
I wish you a wonderful weekend.
All the best, Irma

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The jays are beautiful, Sonjia. We are dealing with heat here, too, but even worse are the wildfires and the smoke they produce. For the past couple of days we have stayed indoors as the air quality has been terrible. I hope for both of us that conditions improve soon. Hugs and kisses - David

Rostrose said...

Dear Sonjia, I'm so glad your last heatwave is over! May the next one be considerably less hot! *)
Your photos of jays in the shade turned out so beautifully – what a curious, interested look!

*) We also had close to 40 degrees here. It was almost unbearable. I followed a tip to put a container filled with ice cubes in front of the fan. Well, but the ice melted very quickly. Until then, it actually felt a bit more comfortable... Luckily, we had air conditioning installed in the bedroom a few years ago. Perhaps there are options like that where you are? Oh, and during such hot spells, I don't just drink one liter of water, but more like four or five liters...
Another heat wave has been forecast for us, but so far it's not near as uncomfortably hot as it was recently—we're at around 30 degrees Celsius... and there are occasional heat thunderstorms somewhere nearby. The rain almost never reaches us, but at least it cools things down a bit.

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! Stay healthy and safe!
Hugs and all the best from Austria 🤗
Traude

sami niilola said...

So beautiful bird.

Jeanie said...

Oh Sonjia, your jays are so different than ours and so incredibly beautiful. These are wonderful photos, every one.

Michelle said...

They have some inquisitive faces.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Blue jays are such stunning birds, and you caught them perfectly. Lovely photos!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sonjia,
Your Jays are beautiful , I would love to see them in person some day. Lovely series of photos. I hope the heat waves does not last long, it has been hot and humid here. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

With your talent and camera you make us feel like we can reach out and touch this bird. Well done! Hugs, Diane

John's Island said...

Hello Sonjia – It is so nice to see you blogging again. The blue jay pics are beauties. Wishing you some comfortable weather! Thanks for sharing your photos. John

Linda said...

Your jay photos are spectacular, certainly different from the blue jays we see in my part of Canada.

RedPat said...

The jay posed so nicely for you, Sonjia.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful photographs of the jays, you captured them perfectly.
Take care in the heat... it's still hot in the UK and we could do with some rain!

All the best Jan

Adam Jones said...

Wonderful captures. I've seen quite a few recently where I live. Quite a few young ones too. I always like to see and hear them.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Hi Sonja, glad you are cool enough to be out side, we have had 3 days of early mornings we can be outside. drizzling rain off and on and clouds protecting us from the frying sun. Hope your heat is more bearable with the next wave...Your Jay's are gorgeous

Teresa said...

Has hecho unas fotografías preciosas, me gustan mucho son pájaros muy bonitos. Abrazos.

Helma said...

Hello Sonjia,
I always find this jay very beautiful to look at. The little bit of blue wing is especially stunning. The color is just so beautiful. He can just screech terribly loudly hehe... lovely photos of this jay.
Kind regards,
Helma

MELODY JACOB said...

Lovely shots! Jays are such striking birds, and catching them staying cool in the shade is so neat. Fingers crossed that upcoming heatwave isn't too brutal, enjoy sitting outside while it's still nice!

handmade by amalia said...

Such a darling little bird. I can tell that she's a deep thinker.
Amalia
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...